The insurance industry is full of exciting and lucrative opportunities. It can serve as the perfect platform for someone of versatile talents to showcase their skills and continue flourishing at the same time.
According to a recent study by Vertafore, millennials agree.
Companies often look for young and energetic professionals that they can nurture and develop to fill various roles. In turn, millennials appreciate the stability and career-growth opportunities available. There are many benefits to working in the insurance industry and millennials are beginning to feel at home and stick around. The study states:
- 82% of millennials working in insurance would recommend the field and that 39% have indeed been recruited by their friends.
- 67% of millennials have been in the insurance industry for three or more years and have plans to stay as long as possible.
- 63% of millennials recognize the growth opportunities as the most favorable benefit.
- 55% believe the compensation is the most rewarding component.
- 50% appreciate the refreshing work/life balance the industry affords them
According to Vertafore, there’s an abundance of optimism around the industry, and rightfully so. Insurance will be around forever! Regardless of the economic climate, there will always be a need for it. Such a foundation lays the groundwork for the potential of increased job security.
Millennials believe the future is bright. Such a sentiment goes far beyond these promising percentages. Working in the industry is very rewarding. Those who work in insurance feel a sense of purpose, able to protect people, their families, and respective assets.
The millennials have spoken. Looking forward to seeing for yourself? Visit our career page to stay on top of the opportunities we may have for you moving forward.
So you have finally decided to make that big move to your very own apartment. For the first time in your life, you will be living by yourself – no roommates, no parents, no siblings. You have complete say over the space, décor and furnishings. Although you may think that you are in total control, there are events that can occur that you may have absolutely no control over.
Some of these events can include a neighbor’s candle starts a building fire, someone breaks into your apartment, or a kitchen pipe bursts causing severe water damage. These are all instances that unfortunately occur. Many people are under the impression that their landlord’s policy will cover them. However this is not the case – a landlord’s policy will only cover their building, not their tenant’s belongings. This is why you should consider a policy of your own.
The most common occurrences that a Renters Insurance policy would cover are:
Below are some additional benefits of having a Renters Insurance Policy:
- Personal Liability: protects you if you are found legally responsible for injuring someone else or damaging someone’s property
- It will cover your legal fees
- If you are found negligent, it will also cover any legal settlements up to your coverage limit
- Medical payments to others – provides payment of medical expenses for guests who are accidently injured in your home regardless of fault
- Personal Property: It will cover most of your belongings, including:
- Loss of use: If your apartment is uninhabitable due to a covered loss, the policy will pay for any additional costs incurred such as Temporary housing
- Additional grocery/ restaurant bills
- Cost of moving your personal property to a storage space
With all these benefits included in Renters Insurance you may think that the cost of a policy is astronomical. However, Renters insurance is one of the most affordable coverages that you can purchase, averaging under $20 a month. So why wait for something unfortunate to happen before you consider it? Get it now, and save yourself from any regrets!