The insurance industry is full of exciting and lucrative opportunities. It can serve as the perfect platform for someone of versatile talents to showcase their skills and continue flourishing at the same time.
According to a recent study by Vertafore, millennials agree.
Companies often look for young and energetic professionals that they can nurture and develop to fill various roles. In turn, millennials appreciate the stability and career-growth opportunities available. There are many benefits to working in the insurance industry and millennials are beginning to feel at home and stick around. The study states:
- 82% of millennials working in insurance would recommend the field and that 39% have indeed been recruited by their friends.
- 67% of millennials have been in the insurance industry for three or more years and have plans to stay as long as possible.
- 63% of millennials recognize the growth opportunities as the most favorable benefit.
- 55% believe the compensation is the most rewarding component.
- 50% appreciate the refreshing work/life balance the industry affords them
According to Vertafore, there’s an abundance of optimism around the industry, and rightfully so. Insurance will be around forever! Regardless of the economic climate, there will always be a need for it. Such a foundation lays the groundwork for the potential of increased job security.
Millennials believe the future is bright. Such a sentiment goes far beyond these promising percentages. Working in the industry is very rewarding. Those who work in insurance feel a sense of purpose, able to protect people, their families, and respective assets.
The millennials have spoken. Looking forward to seeing for yourself? Visit our career page to stay on top of the opportunities we may have for you moving forward.