Fireworks… we know you have them, and even if you didn’t buy them or are lighting them, you’re probably going to be around them during the Independence Day weekend. Every day in July there is an average of 240 people going to the emergency room with fireworks-related injuries… please, don’t be another statistic and read these safety tips:
- First and foremost, make sure that you are legally permitted to light those fireworks on your own
- Make sure to keep all children away from fireworks
- Always have an adult supervising the lighting of fireworks. Even sparklers can severely hurt children, so make sure to keep those out of reach
- Never place any body parts over a firework when lighting a fuse.
- Back up to a safe distance as soon as you light the firework
- Never aim or throw a firework at another person (duh!)
- Keep a hose in reach just in case of a fire
- Light them one at a time
- Do not shoot anything out of a glass or metal container
Enjoy your 4th of July weekend, and remember to be cautious around any fireworks, even if you are just there for the show!