Insuring your RV/Camper
The weather is starting to heat up, those spring and summer trips you have planned are not too far away. We know that being out in nature is the best way to recover from being stuck in the house all winter, making camping the go-to trip for family and friends. Some will be tenting while others will opt for the comfort of a camper or RV. If you choose the latter, here is some insurance advice before heading to the great outdoors.
Did you know?
- An RV policy is designed to accommodate almost all recreational vehicles from pop-ups to coaches
- While towing an RV/Camper, liability only is extended from your auto insurance
- While the RV/Camper is unhitched at your primary residence, liability will only be extended from your homeowners insurance
- An RV policy provides liability while being stored away from the primary residence
- An RV policy can be endorsed to provide comprehensive and collision coverage
- An RV policy extends coverage in Canada
- An RV policy does not extend liability coverage in Mexico
- In Mexico, an RV policy extends comprehensive and collision coverage only
- If damage occurs in Mexico, repairs must be completed in the U.S.
- In Mexico, you should purchase RV liability coverage from a local agent
- If RV/Camper is being towed by a Commercial Vehicle, contact your Commercial Auto carrier to confirm liability will be extended to RV
As always, check with your insurance agent or carrier to confirm coverage.
Be sure to check back for our Fun Camping Tips and Tricks Blog. Subscribe to The Petschauer Insurance Newsletter to receive our blogs directly to your inbox!