In memory of my dad and our founder, JP, on this Father’s Day, I acknowledge the values that he passed on to me, which I now use as the foundation for the values we uphold in our company. These values are honesty, integrity and trust. JP always felt these values were critical for building trusting relationships with our clients as well as our colleagues. These core values have helped our company provide a level of excellence when servicing our clients. My dad’s values were the foundation of our relationship and because of his influence and support they resonate throughout my personal life as well.
Today, I wish all the men who are fathers or mentors a very happy day of celebrating your values with those you love and have guided through their life’s journey. Please enjoy your special day and embrace that you do make a difference!
And today, for myself, I embrace the memories and values my dad instilled in me. I am feeling blessed and grateful for the love and songs in my heart. Your legacy continues dad and you still make a tremendous difference. Thank you Dad.
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY !
If I had to use one word to describe how I’m feeling on this Mother’s Day, it would have to be “Blessed”. I am so blessed to have the love and support of my mom, Ingrid Petschauer. It is her encouragement, smiles and gentle voice that keeps me energized and positive during my busy work days and her check-in calls or our fun shopping dates that help me refuel and laugh on the weekends.
On this Mother’s Day, I find myself reflecting as we recently celebrated our first anniversary in our new home in Garden City. Where does my strength, positive attitude, perseverance and resiliency come from that has allowed me to take the opportunity to move our home and build a professional team of insurance consultants to continue to promote our Petschauer brand of honesty, integrity and trust? There is no doubt in my mind that it is the wisdom and strength of my mom that is the powerful “force” behind the success of Petschauer Insurance !
This blog is dedicated to my mom as I wish you a very Happy Mother’s Day. It is my wish for you that you are recognized and celebrated in a fun and loving way so that you feel as extraordinary as you are.
And I offer a spiritual Mother’s Day wish for those whose special woman is no longer present. May the memories of her life and love fill your day and your heart with smiles and joy as she is with you forever.
Wishing you a very Happy Mother’s Day !
This Holiday Season is unlike any of our past ones at Petschauer Insurance, as we celebrated in our new Garden City office for the first time. However, we still kept traditions alive by singing holiday music, exchanging Secret Santa gifts, and eating a phenomenal meal together. We would like to wish you and your family a Happy Holiday, and hope that you enjoy this time as much as we do!
Fireworks… we know you have them, and even if you didn’t buy them or are lighting them, you’re probably going to be around them during the Independence Day weekend. Every day in July there is an average of 240 people going to the emergency room with fireworks-related injuries… please, don’t be another statistic and read these safety tips:
- First and foremost, make sure that you are legally permitted to light those fireworks on your own
- Make sure to keep all children away from fireworks
- Always have an adult supervising the lighting of fireworks. Even sparklers can severely hurt children, so make sure to keep those out of reach
- Never place any body parts over a firework when lighting a fuse.
- Back up to a safe distance as soon as you light the firework
- Never aim or throw a firework at another person (duh!)
- Keep a hose in reach just in case of a fire
- Light them one at a time
- Do not shoot anything out of a glass or metal container
Enjoy your 4th of July weekend, and remember to be cautious around any fireworks, even if you are just there for the show!
We hope that everyone enjoys this year’s holiday festivities just as much as we did at our annual holiday party. Take a look at some photos from the party below, and please feel free to share some of your holiday moments with us!
Please note, for our holiday schedule we will close on Wednesday, 12/24/14 at 3pm and will reopen on Monday 12/29/14 at 9am.
Happy Holidays from Petschauer Insurance!
Did you know that on Thanksgiving Day the amount of kitchen fires are two times more likely to occur than on any other day of the year? That seems reasonable, as most of us are celebrating a holiday that resonates because of the amount of food preparation that takes place. That is why we want you to be prepared for the worst, while enjoying the holiday.
Here are 10 tips to keep in mind as the day of feasts approaches:
- Install a fire detector in or near the kitchen.
- Never leave the kitchen when frying or grilling food.
- Use a timer when cooking.
- If using a deep-fryer, keep the fryer outside, away from any walls.
- Avoid loose clothes or long sleeves while cooking.
- Make sure all candles around the house are securely placed.
- Keep kids away from cooking areas.
- Keep all flammable things – oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, towels – away from the stove top and oven.
- Keep the floors clear of any objects you may trip over.
- Make your fire extinguisher functions properly, and place in or near the kitchen.
We hope that you take these tips and put them to use while you prepare for Thanksgiving. Then, the only thing you will have to worry about is overeating. Have a wonderful holiday!