Tips and Tricks
Last week we gave you some tips on how to insure your RV or camper for your next camping trip. This week we wanted to share some awesome safety and space saving tips to make your time out in the wild as amazing as possible.
And here is an article with some awesome safety tricks that you may need if you ever find yourself in an emergency while out in the wild. Some of our favorites are:
- Use Duct tape to close a wound
- Use tin foil to turn AAA batteries into AA batteries
- Use Crisco and a t-shirt to make a long lasting candle
- Cuddle with your pets if you’re cold
Take a look at this article on how to make the most out of the space you have. Here are some highlights:
- Use bedside caddies as a makeshift night stand
- Hanging fold up shelves are good for storing clothes and pantry items
- Shoe hangers are also good for storing miscellaneous items
- Attach slide out drawers under tables or beds if possible
So there you have it, another edition of Petschauer’s 101 Guide to a safe and comfortable camping trip.
And one final tip, whether you are in an RV, a camper or just tenting it out, make sure you bring the bug spray, sunscreen, marshmallows and toilet paper!
Please feel free to contact us at INFO@JPINS.com if you have any questions about RV/ Camper coverage. We will be glad to share more detailed information with you. Thank you!
Insuring your RV/Camper
The weather is starting to heat up, those spring and summer trips you have planned are not too far away. We know that being out in nature is the best way to recover from being stuck in the house all winter, making camping the go-to trip for family and friends. Some will be tenting while others will opt for the comfort of a camper or RV. If you choose the latter, here is some insurance advice before heading to the great outdoors.
Did you know?
- An RV policy is designed to accommodate almost all recreational vehicles from pop-ups to coaches
- While towing an RV/Camper, liability only is extended from your auto insurance
- While the RV/Camper is unhitched at your primary residence, liability will only be extended from your homeowners insurance
- An RV policy provides liability while being stored away from the primary residence
- An RV policy can be endorsed to provide comprehensive and collision coverage
- An RV policy extends coverage in Canada
- An RV policy does not extend liability coverage in Mexico
- In Mexico, an RV policy extends comprehensive and collision coverage only
- If damage occurs in Mexico, repairs must be completed in the U.S.
- In Mexico, you should purchase RV liability coverage from a local agent
- If RV/Camper is being towed by a Commercial Vehicle, contact your Commercial Auto carrier to confirm liability will be extended to RV
As always, check with your insurance agent or carrier to confirm coverage.
Be sure to check back for our Fun Camping Tips and Tricks Blog. Subscribe to The Petschauer Insurance Newsletter to receive our blogs directly to your inbox!
The Future of Petschauer Insurance
We have grown from a staff of 3 to 14 insurance professionals since first opening our business and now we have outgrown our space here in Ridgewood. With the goal of the Petschauer Legacy continuing, we needed to find a new home with more space. Hence the move so we can grow.
Our new location: 377 Oak St., Suite 404, Garden City, NY 11530 offers so many opportunities:
- It is centrally located
- Has easy access for all of NYC, Queens, and Long Island residences
- MORE PARKING! (Those that live in Queens can certainly relate to this challenge)
- It affords us larger space to grow into
- Professional office space with a collaborative team working environment
- Continues our Investment and commitment to creating more career opportunities
We are invested in our professional staff development so we can produce professional consultants who work together with our clients to offer the best insurance options for their needs and budget. Our new space will allow us to continue on this path of offering more professional staff development seminars.
Our founder, John Petschauer, always stated: “You are only as successful as your staff behind you is competent.” This is so true, and why Erwin and I are so invested and committed to this philosophy. We believe that encouraging our staff to take classes to grow their insurance knowledge will give them the opportunity to feel competent and confident. At Petschauer Insurance, one can be hired as a receptionist and through our professional development can grow into an Account Executive or Producer in any one of our 3 departments: Commercial, Personal or Life & Health. We believe that by collaborating with educated insurance consultants we help our clients feel protected and set a foundation for our legacy to be here a very long time.
We will miss our original home in Ridgewood but we are committed to staying connected to the community of our founder’s heritage by continuing to participate in the Steuben Day Parade. And as a firm, we also support our staff’s investment in community service and give back to many local charities such as Toys for Tots, Avon Breast Cancer Walk, and Pets Alive.
Come visit us in Garden City!
By Heidi Petschauer, CIC President
Looking Back, Moving Forward: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, & Part 4
THE PETSCHAUER LEGACY CONTINUES
The value of family and community was so integral to my dad, John Petschauer – or JP as we lovingly called him – as a person and as a professional. He looked to his family to continue to develop and perpetuate his business. JP always embraced the concept of moving forward. He knew when it was time to transition out and help my cousin, Erwin Petschauer, and I transition into our new leadership roles. With his mentoring and guidance, we were able to have our own focus and he helped us to make our individual contributions to the business.
Since Erwin’s degree was in computer engineering, he took us to higher and higher levels of automation and efficiency over the years. Today with Erwin’s risk management expertise, he now heads our New Business Development, which has been instrumental in the growth of our business. Just like JP, Erwin loves networking with people and offering advice to business owners on how to protect their property and assets to keep their businesses viable and growing. With my management degree, one of my main focuses is on professional staff development, which means hiring and developing a solid in-house team of knowledgeable insurance consultants who are committed and dedicated to customer service.
Together Erwin and I have reached out to local residences to fill many employment positions and our staff has grown from 3 to 14 as of today. With my dad’s mentoring, Erwin and I partnered and brought our own experience and passion to help grow Petschauer Insurance into who and what we are today. JP may only be here in spirit today, but he is so alive in all of us here at Petschauer Insurance. Even the staff that never had the privilege of working with him can feel the energy of his legacy. I know my dad is so proud!
So what’s the reason for our move? Find out why “moving forward” is so important for the Petschauer Legacy in our final Blog #5.
In case you missed it, here are Looking Back, Moving Forward: Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3.
By: Heidi Petschauer, CIC