This is the time of year when many are thinking about what changes they are going to make to improve their lives in the coming New Year. Lose weight, be more patient, exercise more, etc. Well, those are all well and good, but the Petschauer Team came up with some of their own INSURANCE-related resolutions we would like to share with you:
1. Take down your Christmas lights inside or outside of your home to ensure safety from dangerous power surges that can lead to a fire.
2. Keep items in your car such as a snow brush and blanket to keep you safe during inclement weather.
3. Take a Defensive Driving class to reduce your auto premiums.
4. Resolve to clean out the lint in your dryer on a monthly basis as this can easily cause a fire.
5. Review your insurance with your broker – this is a time of year where many of you receive engagement gifts and will be planning weddings in 2014. Some many also receive wonderful valuable gifts such as jewelry, fine arts or furs that you will need to add to your Homeowners or Floater Policy
6. Subscribe to our blog to get up-to-date insurance information and suggestions to keep the assets and property you worked so hard for properly insured .
However, you can still also lose weight, be more patient, and exercise more too. Whatever you pick as your final New Year Resolution, Happy New Year from the entire Petschauer Insurance Team!