Does A Consultant Need Insurance?

?????????????>Dear Sherri,I am a consultant that visits my clients at their offices. Do I need insurance to protect myself in case I am sued?

Guru in Yonkers

Dear Guru in Yonkers,Definitely! We gurus have to stick together and your question is proof of your guru-like wisdom. What you need is a Professional Liability policy also called an E&O policy. Such a policy provides defense and liability coverage for claims that allege negligence in the performance of your professional services. This is excluded from all General liability policies. Professionals include doctors, lawyers, engineers, consultants, insurance agents and many others. If you are not sure whether your profession needs such a policy, contact your agent immediately.


Share on LinkedInShare on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on TumblrEmail this to someonePrint this page