Does My Landlords Policy Cover Fire Damages to my Personal Possessions?

Since I rent an apartment, would my landlord’s policy cover any fire damage to my personal possessions?

No. Your landlord’s policy covers the actual building itself; the walls, roof, wiring, plumbing, etc. It does not cover your personal possessions such as your clothing, furniture, or electronic equipment. To obtain coverage for your own items, you need to purchase a Renter’s Policy. Also, your landlord’s policy doesn’t cover you for loss of use while your apartment undergoes renovations after a fire. However, a Renter’s Policy would reimburse you for any extra expenses you incur should you require temporary lodging.

Share on LinkedInShare on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on TumblrEmail this to someonePrint this page